Often, after performing repairs or building construction, people are left with consumables that were not used in the course of the work. Of course, if a small part remains, they can be thrown away or disposed of in a special way, depending on the type of mixture. But if after completion you have left a large amount of raw materials, you should think about its proper storage for future use. There are various compositions and mixtures that differ in the main components, texture, shape and method of packaging. Depending on this, the way they are stored will differ significantly.
Features of storage of residual dry mix
To get started is to deal with the dry mix options. If you have left the whole unopened bags or buckets, you can make them in one place, in which there is no moisture and direct access of moisture. Also for additional protection it is recommended to place the packaging in a plastic bag (it is desirable to completely cover the bag using several layers).
With an open bag, it is better to abandon the further use of raw materials, because with each month of storage in such conditions the mixture will lose up to 15% of its original properties. However, it can turn into a simple powder that does not have the necessary properties for repair work.
Important! To save building materials, you should use a separate building or room with the ability to continuously maintain the necessary environmental conditions: humidity, temperature, ventilation.
Liquid repair materials: what to do with their residues?
Unlike dry ingredients, liquid mixtures have different characteristics and require certain storage conditions. The liquid form can easily freeze, evaporate and consequently lose its properties. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account these indicators when choosing a place for a warehouse. For convenience, you can use the following rules:
- Watch the temperature in the room, where the folding of raw materials. It is especially important to consider the indicator in the winter period, it should not fall below 20 degrees. Therefore, it is necessary to think of a heating system for the storage.
- Do not allow direct sunlight on the raw materials, it can lead to evaporation and loss of chemical properties, which will cause deterioration.
- In the case of open varnishes, paints, it is worth pouring them into plastic bottles of dark color and tightly close the lids.
- Monitor packaging integrity to prevent leakage and deterioration.
Important! Do not forget to look at the shelf life of the material. If it has already expired, storage does not make sense, so you should buy new materials for the next stage of work.
How to properly store the remnants of solid building materials?
The types of raw materials in solid form are less susceptible to the effects of various adverse environmental factors. However, to preserve them, it is also necessary to comply with various requirements and provide favorable conditions. Use the following principles of packaging and placement of solid materials:
- For storage of wooden products is required to comply with the temperature regime and to prevent ingress of water and increase humidity in the room. Also, with a large length of boards should be placed in a horizontal position, while evenly distributing the points of support.
- Metal products should also be protected from water and various corrosive factors.
Different insulators should have a factory film, and in case of its absence, the material should be self-wound to prevent ingress of moisture and interaction with air. Open insulation only before use.