There are situations when it is necessary to disassemble the joystick. For example, water got inside, it must be cleaned of dust and dirt, replace certain parts or just get acquainted with the design.
What is required for disassembly
To disassemble the device you need the following items:
- Torx screwdriver 8.
- Small Phillips screwdriver.
- Flat screwdriver (can be replaced with any flat object).
You can disassemble a gamepad only if the person understands the structure and knows what he is doing. Otherwise there is a risk of damage to the parts of the joystick.
Reference! Sometimes it is better to contact the service center.
Xbox 360 Wireless Joystick Disassembly: Step by Step
Disassembly may be complete or partial. It all depends on the goals. For example, if you plan to repair the board, you should stop at point 5.
The gamepad disassembly process is as follows:
- It is necessary to remove the cover from the battery compartment (located on the rear panel).
- Remove batteries or battery.
- Turn off the screws. Their number is 7. One is closed with a sticker that will have to be torn down.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the back cover.
- Now the fee is charged. Her hook on the side where the port for headphones.
- Now pull out the buttons and gum. If you flip the device, they will fall out on their own.
- To remove the spider, unscrew the screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Now remove the item with your own hands.
- To remove sticks, they need to pull over.
- And waters to dismantle triggers more difficult. First, they are pressed at the bottom (this can be done by pushing a small notch on the inside with a screwdriver).
- Now push the fasteners holding the button and pull out the spring.
- The last step is to fold the key up and pull it out.
- Disassembly gamepad over. You can assemble the device by performing all the steps in the reverse order. And damaged parts can be replaced during the assembly process.
It is very easy to disassemble the joystick yourself, just use the instructions. But for replacement parts it is better to contact the service center so as not to damage anything.