It can be difficult for a modern person to maintain a clean house. However, the technology went far ahead; there were robotic vacuum cleaners cleaning the apartment on their own. They cost a lot of money, but you can try to create such a device yourself.
Features of manufacturing a robot vacuum cleaner at home
For manufacturing, you need at least amateur skills, because the production process of a robot vacuum cleaner requires time and patience. But the finished device will help you save money first, and then the time and effort spent on cleaning.
To successfully make a robot vacuum cleaner with your own hands, you need to understand the essence of its work from the inside. Let's look at a few rules, compliance with which will ensure the proper functioning of the technique:
- The robot must be in the form of a washer, disk for the correct course of movement;
- The wheels are placed along the diameter of the vacuum cleaner so that it can make turns;
- The center of gravity is most optimal on wheels, but can be located next to them;
- The average speed of the apparatus is 25-35 cm / sec;
- A contact bumper with a minimum size of 0.5 from a circle is a mandatory component of a robot vacuum cleaner;
- Self-made robots should be charged from the charger, there is no need to disassemble the device;
- Dust and debris must be collected in a separate container that can be removed and cleaned.
How to make a drawing
Modern Internet resources allow the assembly of a robot vacuum cleaner without drawings and other schemes. However, for your understanding of the structure of the apparatus, we advise you to draw up such a drawing in order to visualize the internal structure. The fact is that picking up parts for a robot is easier than correctly placing them inside. We will present you an approximate drawing of a future miracle of technology:
Advice! mark on the drawing all the components of the future vacuum cleaner and their approximate dimensions. Arrows indicate the direction of air and the suction of dust particles. Visibility is one of the steps to the success of the future assembly.
To draw up a diagram, let's determine what components will be needed in the work:
- Arduino board - the "brain" of the future robot;
- Turbine from an old vacuum cleaner;
- The engine is small (you can take an old computer cooler);
- Rangefinders - 2 pieces;
- Wheels (preferably 2 conventional and 1 swivel), motors with gearboxes;
- Controller (for engine);
- 3 lithium batteries;
- Charge controller;
- Thick cardboard.
Important! If you can’t find the old turbine, you can make it yourself from thick cardboard. Scheme attached.
Features of the assembly
Assembling a robot vacuum cleaner with your own hands at home, begin work with the organization of power supply. To do this, charge the batteries using the controller. Next, you need to create motor control for the machine’s drive. It is best to use a module on a chip like L298. To adjust the speed, the PWM signal must be sent to the ENA or ENB pin. To change the direction of rotation, apply the opposite signals to IN1 and IN2 for one, and to IN2 and IN3 for the second motor.
Then the engine needs to be connected to the Arduino. Make a circle out of cardboard, then attach the wheels to it (count the diameter for the “stuffing" - about 30-35 cm). On both sides, use conventional wheels, but with angle gears, and between them at the back - a turning wheel for maneuverability.
Mount all the electronics and the vacuum cleaner unit on the base made. We attach the rangefinders in front.
The next step is to build a turbine, so we remove the computer cooler blades and glue the turbine from the old vacuum cleaner into it with hot-melt adhesive. Fix it exactly in the center: we do not need an imbalance.
You can build the side walls of the vacuum cleaner yourself. Importantly, do not forget: it should have a cylindrical shape.
After assembling the vacuum cleaner, be sure to check its operation. He will have to perform the following actions: drive forward to an obstacle. If there is an obstacle on the way, then the robot moves back, makes a U-turn at an undefined angle, and travels in that direction. And also do not forget to check the suction power of the device. If everything works, you have successfully completed the task!
- Try to assemble the robot platform from plywood. You can use a small disk-shaped plastic basin or container.
- When choosing wheels, you do not need to take too large, otherwise your robot will drive at too high a speed.
- If you want to improve the vacuum cleaner - attach two brushes in front that will drive the garbage into the garbage container.
- Instead of rangefinders, you can use a system of bumpers connected to limit switches.